Do you know of an event in Lake County that serves our residents and that you would like to bring attention to? Email us and we’ll be happy to post it on our Around Lake County blog.
Do You Need Help Paying Your Rent or Utility Bills?
Have you lost your job because of COVID-19, or do you have large medical bills? If you answered yes and live in Lake County, you can apply. If you qualify and are a renter, you can get help paying your rent, gas and electric bills for up to three months. If you own your own home, you can get help for utility bills only.
Who is Eligible?
In order to quality for help:
- You must be a Lake County resident.
- You must have recently lost income due to COVID-19, because of a job loss or other reasons, such as because you have to miss work to care for your school-age children. You can also qualify if you have a large unexpected medical cost related to COVID-19.
- You must have limited savings.
- Your household must have a current annual household income below the following amounts:
- 1 Person Household: $51,000
- 2 Person Household: $58,250
- 3 Person Household: $65,550
- 4 Person Household: $72,800
- 5 Person Household: $78,650
- 6 Person Household: $84,450
- 7 Person Household: $90,300
- 8 Person Household: $96,100
Who Can I Contact to Apply?
If you believe you are eligible, please call 211 or text your zip code to 898211 for more information and to get help. You will need to fill out an application and provide evidence of your income and expenses. If you are approved, the money will be sent to your landlord or utility company.
Additional Information for Landlords:
Landlords, if your tenant may benefit from this program, please forward this flyer or let them know they can call 211 or text their zip code to 898211. If your tenant qualifies, a CHRP provider will contact you and ask you to complete some verification information. Once approved, the CHRP provider will pay you directly.
Just some of the volunteers that make Avon Cares Food Pantry so successful. Avon Cares has fed 10,000 children and 17,000 families this year alone and over 30,00 children since we started here in Avon Township.
Thank you, to all of our volunteers and all those who have donated. We simply couldn’t do it without you!
Governor J. B. Pritzker visits with Avon Township Staff.
2019 was a historically progressive year for the people of Illinois under Pritzker’s leadership. We can’t wait to see what 2020 brings!