Lake County • Avon Township

Do You Need Help Paying Your Rent or Utility Bills?

Have you lost your job because of COVID-19, or do you have large medical bills? If you answered yes and live in Lake County, you can apply. If you qualify and are a renter, you can get help paying your rent, gas and electric bills for up to three months. If you own your own home, you can get help for utility bills only.

Who is Eligible?

In order to quality for help:

  • You must be a Lake County resident.
  • You must have recently lost income due to COVID-19, because of a job loss or other reasons, such as because you have to miss work to care for your school-age children. You can also qualify if you have a large unexpected medical cost related to COVID-19.
  • You must have limited savings.
  • Your household must have a current annual household income below the following amounts:
    • 1 Person Household: $51,000
    • 2 Person Household: $58,250
    • 3 Person Household: $65,550
    • 4 Person Household: $72,800
    • 5 Person Household: $78,650
    • 6 Person Household: $84,450
    • 7 Person Household: $90,300
    • 8 Person Household: $96,100

Who Can I Contact to Apply?

If you believe you are eligible, please call 211 or text your zip code to 898211 for more information and to get help. You will need to fill out an application and provide evidence of your income and expenses. If you are approved, the money will be sent to your landlord or utility company.

Additional Information for Landlords:

Landlords, if your tenant may benefit from this program, please forward this flyer or let them know they can call 211 or text their zip code to 898211. If your tenant qualifies, a CHRP provider will contact you and ask you to complete some verification information. Once approved, the CHRP provider will pay you directly.


Share this post:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

Can we count on you?

Lake County • Avon Township