Do You Need Help Paying Your Rent or Utility Bills?
Are you unable to afford your housing costs in Lake County because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic? If so, you can get help paying your rent and utility bills.
Who is Eligible?
In order to qualify for help:
- You must pay rent in Lake County
- You must have a COVID-related financial hardship (job loss, furlough, reduced hours due to school closures, unexpected medical or other expenses).
- You must be at risk of homelessness or housing instability
- Your household must have a current annual household income below the following amounts:
- 1 Person Household: $52,200
- 2 Person Household: $59,650
- 3 Person Household: $67,100
- 4 Person Household: $74,550
- 5 Person Household: $80,550
- 6 Person Household: $86,500
- 7 Person Household: $92,450
- 8 Person Household: $98,450
Who Can I Contact to Apply?
You can fill out the application online . If you have questions or need help with your application, please call 211 or text your zip code to 898211 for more information and to be connected to a referral agency that can help.
You will need to fill out an application and provide evidence of your income and expenses. If you are approved, the money will be sent to your landlord or utility company.
Additional Information for Landlords:
Landlords, if your tenant may benefit from this program, please forward them a flyer, direct them to this website, or let them know they can call 211 or text their zip code to 898211. You will need to fill out a form online as part of your tenant’s application. Once approved, the FERA provider will pay you directly.